Please sign in to post.

So. France & Spain Oct. 2019

Planning 15 nights in October. Into Nice out of Barcelona. Planning week or so in Provence then fly to Seville for a few days then up to Barcelona for a couple of days then return to U.S..
any advice, suggestions, etc. greatly appreciated.

Posted by
1603 posts

have you made your airline reservations yet? If you aren't planning on spending any time on the French Riviera, then I recommend flying into Marseilles to sightsee in Provence.

What kind of advice and suggestions are you looking for? Sightseeing? Modes of transportation? If you haven't read any guidebooks, I recommend purchasing Rick Steves, Michelin Green Guide, or Rough Guides so you can plan your sightseeing.

You need a week in Provence; however, a week in Provence doesn't give you much time in Seville or Barcelona. I recommend 4 nights in Seville and at least 5 nights in Barcelona. Barcelona is a huge city with lots of important sights.

You seem to be all over the map. If it were me, I would plan my trip for Provence and Barcelona, OR Barcelona, Seville, Cordoba, and Granada.

Posted by
1582 posts

Day 1,2,3,4 - Nice

Day trips Cannes, Antibes, Monaco

Day 5 & 6 - Villefranche -Sur- Mer

Fly to Seville

Day 7, 8, 9 - Seville

Day 10, 11 - Cordoba

Train to Barcelona

Day 12, 13, 14, 15 - Barcelona

Day Trips to Girona and Monserrat

Posted by
27110 posts

I would not change hotels from Nice to Villefranche-sur-Mer for two nights. VsM is 8 minutes from Nice by train.

There are lots of interesting places in Spain between Barcelona and Seville, so I, too, would recommend eliminating either Provence or southern Spain from the itinerary so you can relax a bit more.

Posted by
4132 posts

15 nights.

A week in Provence is 8 nights
A few days in Sevilla is 3 nights

leaving 4 nights for Nice and Barcelona.

Sorry, I don't get it.

I think you'd have a better time staying close to the coast and leaving Seville for another time.

Nice 2 or 3 > Provence 8 > Barcelona 4 or 5