Please sign in to post.

Ski Courchevel or Cortina d'Ampezzo over New Year 2023/24

Hi. Two families are considering skiing from just after Christmas to New Year. We range in abilities from green to easy black. So far it seems that most hotels have not opened booking. Any thoughts on where to stay in each area? We don't necessarily need ski in ski out, but it would be nice to be on the slopes with no to minimal shuttle transportation. Is $400/night per room a reasonable budget?
Thank you!!!

Posted by
16379 posts

Some may already be booked, and others haven’t released the rooms yet. But I checked Cortina and another Dolomites location where we stayed last September on bookimg.com, and it appears your budget may be too low.

For a week beginning Dec. 26, 3-star Hotel Natalie in Cortina offers an economy double for $4000. Or a superior double with balcony for $5400, with breakfast (not half-board). That is a non-refundable price.

There is a 4-bdr apartment in Cortina, “Mansarda in Chalet”, on booking.come for $3000, again non-refundable.

So I checked the Alta Badia area that skier-friends of mine love, in the village of Corvara. Hotel Col Alt, with 4 stars, offers a superior double room for 2 that week for $12,000. I went to their own website to confirm that this was not a jacked-up price on bookimg.com, and saw the room for €10,258 with breakfast only; or €10, 538 with half board.

Other hotels in nearby Colfosco, including the one where we stayed in September, are either not taking bookings for next Christmas yet, or ask that you send an inquiry on their web form.

Maybe it is different in France. I hope you can find something suitable at a reasonable price.