Please sign in to post.

Select Seats? Sncf Nomad 3117 to Rouen

I have a round trip 2nd class ticket for two from Paris to Rouen that I booked and paid using the oui.sncf app. This is train Nomad #3117 and #3116.

The ticket detail says:
“Seating Selection: You will be provided with your seat number when your order is confirmed”

What does this mean? Do I have reserved seats or not? I cannot find any help in the app other than a help title “Select your seat” that has no info at all.

Can someone help?

Posted by
23548 posts

Did you purchase the ticket and have the confirmation? If so, sounds like the seat number would be on the confirmation form, email, or print out. Do you have a hard copy?

Posted by
8125 posts

The Nomad Train are basically a brand of the TER Normandie or regional trains that have additional services
https://www.ter.sncf.com/normandie/gares/accessibilite/acces_nomad_train

TER trains never come with seat reservations; in your case you would sit where available in 2nd class when you board

The ap should have the QR code which serves as the ticket that the conductor will scan.
I am leaving for France next week and booked a couple of TER trains with the ap.
But even using the ap you would still get a PDF in your email that would be the ticket.

Posted by
7 posts

Yes, I have the email confirmation as well as the bar codes for the tickets in the oui.sncf app.