Please sign in to post.

Seine River Cruise

Hey everyone. Can you recommend a Seine River Cruise for me? It will be for the 22nd December. I'm looking at a simple 1-hour cruise. I came across 2 main sites (www.seine-cruises.com & www.vedettesdupontneuf.com) but I would appreciate some real time feedback from anyone who has actually gone on one. I will be staying on the 15arr.

Posted by
1540 posts

We boarded the boat at bottom of the stairs at the base of the Eiffel Tower. It was February - cold..... but we still sat on the top deck outside. It was beautiful and the 1 hour cruise was lovely.
Sorry I don't know the name of the boat tour company - but we bought our tickets out of a machine on the dock and then in about 15 minutes the boat arrived and we boarded. ( it was about $15 per person)

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you for the reply :) I guess the temperature wont be much of a difference because i'll be going late December. But I guess the option you had is more convenient. I guess i will also give it a go.

Posted by
2466 posts

Vedettes du Pont Neuf is located at Pont Neuf. No need to go to the Eiffel Tower location, unless you want to.
You can buy tickets that do not expire on the website at Vedettes du Pont Neuf, I recommend going at night, when everything is illuminated.
I have gone at least 6 times on the Vedettes du Pont Neuf boats, because they are smaller.
Bundle up well, or sit inside.

Posted by
388 posts

Another vote for Vedettes du Pont Neuf (at night, when the city is all lit up).

If it's not too cold, sit up front where you get an unobstructed view. Bon chance.

Posted by
12172 posts

I liked Pont Neuf. I went at night and sat on top.

If you're staying close to the Eiffel Tower, the other might be a good choice, but not if you have to make an effort to get there.

Posted by
4897 posts

Have taken both and Vedettes du Pont Neuf is, in my opinion, much better. Especially at night.

Posted by
213 posts

Has anyone taken the Saint Martin canal cruise that Vedettes du Pont Neuf offers?
Thanks

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you so much for the replies. I will make a booking with Pont Neuf. Upon checking i felt that it was the better of the two also. I'm staying a bit out of the way of any place sadly. In a corner of the 15arr. I hope traveling to Pont Neuf won't take too long

Posted by
2466 posts

The Canal Saint Martin tour is like watching paint dry. I do not recommend it in December.

Posted by
4054 posts

The Seine and St-Martin cruises are much different experiences. Parts of the St-Martin canal are at street level or even slightly higher. At time you can gaze at the neighbours' windows, the complete opposite of the Seine route along steeply high river banks. But about a third of the St-Martin chugs through underground tunnels, novel but not exactly scenic. It also traverses several locks.

Posted by
8293 posts

Southam, above gives an accurate description of the canal cruise. It is a little boring at times but it is also a good way to have a bit of down time, with a destination in mind. Where the boat docks at la Villette is just a few steps from the Science Park, a fascinating place to spend a few hours, and then you can get back to central Paris quickly on the Metro.