Please sign in to post.

Seine river boat tour Mid to late October 2022

My daughter and I have been encouraged to do a river tour at night. We are skeptical that a gourmet dining experience will be had, but what are your thoughts? We really just want to see the sights from the boat and would be satisfied with just that, but should we book the experience with the dining? Even at that time of year, we would really prefer to stand outside chat....assuming no rain. If you like the dining on the boat experience, which one?

Posted by
4857 posts

I'm also highly skeptical that any seine dining cruise could come anywhere close to gourmet. Edible, but not fine dining.
October does bring a somewhat increased chance of rain. So I wouldn't want to book very far ahead, if at all. We've done several fall cruises (using les Vedettes du Pont Neuf) in the evening, and sitting outside up top. Just dress accordingly. We usually get a beverage at the bar on the wharf and bring it with us. I'd rather dine and cruise separately, but I'm sure some of our posters who have taken a dinner cruise will add their experiences.

Posted by
11156 posts

Take a night cruise that doesn’t include dinner. Or as we always have done, cruise in the daytime.

Posted by
7282 posts

I’ve taken the night cruise several times - just the one without dining. I sit outside, wearing a warm coat, when needed. During the off season, I just walked up and purchased my ticket before riding. During Summer months, I bought an on-line reservation ticket.

Posted by
1307 posts

Vedettes offers Seine river cruises that last about an hour and time them to hit the sparkles on the Eiffel Tower on the hour. You don't need to purchase in advance -- just show up and buy your ticket before you board.
They have a live person pleasantly narrating the sites and it's a fun thing to do in Paris in the evening.
You can bring your own drink or snacks on board or purchase a hot chocolate from them if it's a chilly night.
Have fun!