Please sign in to post.

Seine dinner cruise

i know some say they are all the same, but I'm looking for a good dinner cruise with good food and a live guide.

Thanks, Dale

Posted by
11507 posts

They are not all the same.

Yachts of Paris is apparently the more upscale one..

Calife is moderate.. and one huge advantage with this cruise is they actually cook the food onboard.. the mass dinner tours do not.. they ship it onboard and reheat.

I would read reviews on both of those companies..

I have taken neither but have several friends that have taken the Calife one and enjoyed it very much.. the Yachts of Paris was out of their price range.

I think ones like those sold through Viatour.. are more mass production .

Posted by
248 posts

We did the Calife cruise and really enjoyed it. The food was excellent. I don't recall that there was a guide. The Calife is a smaller boat and they do prepare the food on board. Have fun.

Posted by
10344 posts

An important detail to pay attention to is:
Timing of the cruise to coincide with sundown, with sundown ideally occurring when the boat is in a position so that you can see the Eiffel Tower against the sunset, and when the Tower lights come on.
Date of our trip is important here re time of evening, because in May or June sunset won't be until late, 9 to 10 pm.
Then you want the boat to be cruising past the southwestern facade of Notre Dame after the lights have been turned on and are lighting up the SW facade of the church.

Posted by
222 posts

Hi Dale,

It's been a few years but my husband, son and I went on a Seine dinner cruise with this company:

http://www.bateauxparisiens.com/dinner-cruise-paris.html

We sat in the middle which is a raised platform (cost less than window) but we thought it had the better view.
It was expensive and a splurge for us. We all agreed it was well worth the cost. We had a wonderful meal
with wine and champagne as the boat cruised up and down the Seine. All the buildings and bridges lit up at
night are magical! There was also a live band on board to add to the festive atmosphere. I don't recall any type of guide.
We had a wonderful waiter. Dressing up is required (details on their website).

We enjoyed it so much we plan on doing it again this fall when we travel back with the son and his girlfriend. Saving it for our last night in Paris.

Happy Travels!