Please sign in to post.

Seeking recommendations for Paris hotels, $150 a night

Three traveling companions are seeking $150 a night Parisian hotels for 6 night stay. They each want individual rooms and will be in Paris September 2018 and looking in 1-6 arr.

Posted by
20146 posts

You don't ask for much, do you? I think that will be extremely challenging. Check apartment sites, but I'm not up on the current legal issues.

Posted by
8398 posts

Caulaincourt Square Boutique Hostel. Individual ensuite rooms. Highly recommended by a relative who has stayed there. Caulaincourt.com

Posted by
20146 posts

That is in the 18th, but you're going to have to make some compromises to get in your price range.

Posted by
2091 posts

Leslie, do you mean $150 (€127 approx) for all of you or €127 for EACH of you?

Posted by
32806 posts

I'm confused - do you mean three people in total $150 (around €126 at the moment) in a total of 3 rooms in a hotel in the low number arrondissements - that is around no more than €42 for each room = =

or do you mean they can pay up to the $150 / €126 for each of the 3 rooms or a total of around $450?

You can see the answer will be quite different...

Posted by
32806 posts

Darcy and I writing at the same time

Posted by
4049 posts

Even at $150 per room, here is a rule-of-thumb: Prices are cheaper the further from the centre you look. Hotels often charge less near the city ring road which defines central Paris (Boulevard Périphérique). But transit times to anywhere else will necessarily be longer and the neighbourhood may be thin on interesting restaurants, shops etc.

Posted by
4140 posts

Whatever you decide , move quickly . September is Trade show , and Fashion show month in Paris , and hotel rooms become very scarce .

Posted by
6093 posts

Assuming “each want individual room” means 150 nite per person—
I recently booked Hotel Mondial for 3 nites in early Sept total $465 for a double ( refundable rate)
No first hand experience yet but it gets decent enough reviews and we are on a very tight budget!

It is in 9th Arr, but very close to 2nd
Hotelmondialparis.com

Posted by
27156 posts

I read the request the same way Christine did--$150 per room. I certainly hope we're right.

Leslie, there are frequent requests here for budget rooms in Paris. The search function turned up this list for the last twelve months, but it may not be complete. If you have time, I recommend going to the France forum and looking for relevant titles. Responses to this new thread may be a bit slow for the next few days because of the (US) Thanksgiving holiday.

I've been collecting info myself for a future trip to Paris, and one place I've made note of is the Hotel Diana, which folks seem to like.

You don't mention how much experience you've had in Europe, so I'll warn you that budget rooms--especially single rooms--in high-cost cities tend to be very, very small. Another challenge you may have is that you are looking for a place that has three single rooms available (not just one or two) for your rather busy travel period. I agree that it would be prudent to make a reservation soon. Be sure it's cancelable since September is nearly a year away.

Posted by
8063 posts

Paris hotel rooms are rented in Euros and it is best to think and search that way. I would go slightly outside the center. We have stayed on Rue Delambre in the 14th, east of Montparnasse station and between Edgar Quinet and Vavin metros. This area is near Rue Montparnasse where the great crepe restaurants are and near Blvd Montparnasse where the famous Paris brasserie like Rotonde and La Coupole are located and there are lots of cafes and restaurants. It is well connected by metro and not a bad walk through Park Luxembourg to the center. We have stayed at Hotel Delambre twice with rooms running about 100 Euro a night give or take. The rooms are small, clean, have decent bathrooms, hair dryers, room safes, wifi. There are lots of small hotels like this in Paris; this is just one we happen to have used. Note that September is one of the most difficult months for hotels in Paris and one of the most expensive. It is a highly desirable tourist season as the weather is much nicer than late summer and there are also lots of corporate conferences and such with drive hotel prices up.

Posted by
3702 posts

I am thinking that you mean 127€ euro per single room per night. If that is the case, take a look at Hotel Diana on Rue St Jacques. It's a 22 room hotel so they may not have three singles but it is worth a look and it should be under budget.

Posted by
11507 posts

If you mean 127 euros per person for each getting a single room , I think it's very doable .

The rooms will be small but clean and central .

Hotel St Pierre - In the sixth on border of fifth.
Hotel College du France -5th
Hotel Eugenie-6th
Hotel Diana- 5 th
Hotel Marignan -5 th

Your dates ( September ) are one of the highest rate season , so you may find it a challenge , but if willing to stay in a small basic hotle room , but in a central area then check these out .

Posted by
2466 posts

You should really get used to using EUROS vs DOLLARS as currency.

Hotel de Nice is on rue de Rivoli - can't ask for a more central location in the 4th arrondissement.
Single rooms run from 80 EU to 250 EU.

Or, Saint Andre des Arts in the 6th arrondissement has single rooms for 86 EU.
You had better act fast - rooms book up quickly.

Posted by
32806 posts

Leslie,

can you clarify, please?

It is so nice to have questions from somebody who has been with us for so long...

Posted by
2466 posts

I read it as "one person @ $150/night for a 6 night stay, each in a separate bedroom."

That will be hard to get at 127 EU. Better book soon, especially in the 1 - 6th arrondissement.
I'd suggest something in the 11th or 12th arrondissement, where it's cheaper.

Posted by
5220 posts

Leslie,
We paid €126/ night for a double room at Hotel Diana back in June 2016.
Their rates may have increased somewhat since, but it was a very reasonable price for us at the time.

The hotel is family owned with 24/7
front desk staff. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was clean, comfortable and with a modern bathroom.
The hotel is near La Sorbonne and close to a Metro stop and some bus stops.

Enjoy your time in PAris!

Posted by
2466 posts

You already asked about this in your other thread.
Are your two companions going without you?

Posted by
32806 posts

six days with us guessing. No two way communication. That makes it very difficult to give the right answer, and to know how the answers are being received. I think we are talking in an empty room.

Posted by
12172 posts

I'd guess it's 150 each since they all want their own room. I stayed at an Ibis near Gare de Lyon (there are at least two Ibis hotels within a couple blocks) on my last trip mid September this year. It's a little outside of where I normally like to stay but the next leg was a train to Lyon so it made sense. I got the room for right at $100 per night. It was the most expensive stay of my entire trip, but made sense for my itinerary.

Posted by
12172 posts

If you book early, private rooms at the Mije hostel might be fun. The building is great and it's well located. I've stayed there twice now but tried to book at least another two times when it's been sold out.