Please sign in to post.

Rue St Denis, 75002 Paris Is it a safe place to airbnb?

Hello Fellow Travelers,
I am traveling through Europe in June, and I made Paris one of my Eurotrip stops. I am trying not to go over my budget, so I decided to book an affordable apartment rental in the Rue St Denis, 75002 Paris between Rue Reaumur and Rue de Turbigo area. I am panicking now, because I read on a couple of forums that this is a "red light district area" and a lot of sketchy people hang out around there. Does anyone of you have an experience with this neighborhood? We will be sightseeing a lot and I'd like to make sure we will be safe coming back to the apartment late at night.

Thank you in advance,
Ola

Posted by
103 posts

It might be possible that you are looking at the same listed that we just stayed at last week.

We were also worried about this and walking down the street to our rental maintained our skepticism, especially with 2 kids.

But we did not have ANY issues. No one bothered us and we did not even notice any coming and going to the adult shops on the road. We were there on both weekend and weekday nights and coming and going from that apartment at all hours (as late as midnight) and other than the bright lights on the shops, you would never know it. And if it is the same place, Patrice's, then you will very much enjoy your stay.

Posted by
16893 posts

It's been a few years since I was on that street, but it's a shopping and dining street where the number of restaurants should mean plenty of regular people out late.

Posted by
2466 posts

The "red light" district has almost disappeared in this area and is largely a myth. Blame it on rising rents.
Nobody will solicit you if you don't go looking for trouble. Nobody pops out of doorways, etc.
You'll be fine - lots of interesting restaurants in this area.