Please sign in to post.

Roissybus

I searched and there's a lot of past posts about the Roissybus from CDG but none about going TO the airport. We usually prefer to take a taxi to the airport, but looking at the bus website it appears that it runs frequently, is about a 5 min walk from our hotel and takes about an hour, which is what I would allow for a taxi. 50 euro for a taxi is not an issue when convenience is at stake but for 11 euro p/p I at least want to explore the option. Our flight is at 10:45 am and I plan to be there at 7:45 so would take the 6:30 bus. Just curious if you have experience with this bus TO the airport. Thanks.

Posted by
2466 posts

I've never ridden to the airport on RoissyBus, because I'm always way too nervous that something might go wrong before a flight. I always book a taxi the night before, so that's one less thing to worry about. If I wanted to try something different, I would try it on the way into Paris, just because I'm worried about missing my flight. But that's me.

RoissyBus is dependable when it goes in the other direction, so I don't see that it would be a problem, and people use this bus every day. If you are not a nervous traveller and make sure you have extra time to spare, you might as well go for it. You'll have to know which terminal your flight leaves from, and also how long it takes to get there from the drop-off spot.

If you're leaving at 06h30, you'll probably make it to the airport in less than an hour, using a taxi. RoissyBus could take longer than an hour, and if you miss your bus, even longer than that.

You might also keep an eye on any transit strikes, which are always announced a few days in advance. I would check the RoissyBus website for updates.

Posted by
565 posts

I rode the Roissybus to the airport in April, and arrived in plenty of time for my flight. There was a slight traffic delay, but nothing major. I caught the bus probably about 12:45 PM or so and made it to the airport at about 2 for a 4:15 flight.