Please sign in to post.

Roissy Bus 350 CDG to Opera

Has anyone taken RoissyBus from the Airport? Is the service reliable? Can you just buy tickets at CDG without any prior reservations? Also other busses connect in that area to connect. I would assume that they are separate and a fare would have to be paid to board each bus. The #81 bus towards Porte de Saint-Quen would be the bus I would need to connect to. Can I find it close by after exiting the RoissyBus? Going back I would be doing the same in reverse. This would avoid all the steps with luggage and the hassle of getting through the turn styles which you have to be quick to get through after tapping your farecard.

Posted by
183 posts

My wife and I took the Roissy bus last year . It works fine . It stops at all the airport terminals before leaving the airport , you can buy the tickets at a machine at the bus stop at the airport. About an hour and a half to the opera district . We took the rer train on the return trip

Posted by
8293 posts

There is some confusion here. The bus No. 350 is a RATP bus ( Paris Transport) and goes from CDG to Gare de l'Est. The fare is 3 tickets which you can buy from the driver, with euros, of course. You will need to download a Paris bus map to see about connections or try rome2rio.com. The airport information desk (ADP information) can tell you where the pick-up point is, that is, outside of which door at CDG.

Posted by
3691 posts

As said above, there is some confusion here. There are three mass transit (RATP-run) bus lines: Route 350, Route 351 and the Roissy bus. And yes, you can buy a ticket without prior reservation. Bus 81 does stop near Opera and so does the Roissy bus but bus route 350 does not go near the Opera area. The streets are one way so Bus 81 runs on Rue Halevy on one side of the opera building and the Roissy bus drops you off on Rue Scribe on the other side of the building. Take a look at https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8721422,2.3317742,18z and you will see what I mean. You should have no problem finding the stop for Bus 81.

Edit: I think that you may have stopped reading too soon on the page that you used. If you scroll down you will see that there is a reference to bus 350 that is different from the Roissy Bus.

Posted by
32 posts

Would I have to pay a fare for each bus correct? The Roissy is 11 Euros and bus 1.80 for a single ticket.

Posted by
3691 posts

Yes, you will need two tickets.

Posted by
9565 posts

However, if you buy the bus ticket from the driver instead of at a metro station or a Tabac, the ticket now costs 2 euros (not 1.80).