Please sign in to post.

Rhine river cruise

Hi! What will the weather be like on a Rhine river cruise the first week of September? Thankyou!

Posted by
6547 posts

Looking at Accuweather for September, temps in the Strasbourg area are ranging from low 80's in the beginning of the month and heading down to mid-70's. And you can probably expect rain.

But of course you know that weather predictions are as accurate as Covid predictions. In other words, things can (and probably will) change.

EDIT: I just realized you posted this in the France forum. What area of the Rhine are you looking at? I gave you info for the area around Strasbourg in the south but if you are talking about the area in Germany between Mainz and Koblenz, it will be slightly cooler there.

Posted by
53 posts

We've been there four different years, and I don't believe it was the same any of those years. It has been warm and dry, cool and dry, and cool and rainy. Last year we had to sit inside, but most years we were able to sit outside. Take a jacket along just in case of cool rainy weather. I hope you have lovely weather this year. Its a beautiful area. We did th Rhine in Flames in 2019 and it was spectacular.

Posted by
53 posts

Just want to add that each of our times there were the first or second week of September. We will be there again this year but it will be the last week of August.