Please sign in to post.
Posted by
1781 posts

Summer 2022, solo dining:

La Superb was recommended by my Airbnb host for fine dining and very good, and certainly fine dining.

La Beaune Heure - small place run by a family, zero English spoken. Two red glass pours, both solid, when I was there a Chorey and a Brouilly. Small carte, best to order the menu. Charming room.

For less fancy, I really liked Brasserie Le Carnot, did all the standards well, nice burger and a deeper glass pour list than you'd expect (the PC Santenay was very nice). Better than its ratings I think.

Posted by
1781 posts

I'll add that there are loads of good restaurants in Beaune - it's hard to not eat well.

Posted by
4853 posts

Several years ago we enjoyed several great meals at Le Conty. Really nice, and not too pricy.

Posted by
620 posts

Joane,
I am forever trotting out Le Bistro Bourguignone (sp?) on the main drag. It was apparently the first bistro opened in Beaune. The original owner couple just sold it a couple months ago, so dunno what future management has in mind. Change everything? Keep the original format? God, one would hope for the latter. Never in our travels have we ever chanced across a restaurant that served so many excellent wines by the glass: Pommard, Meursault, Gevrey-Chambertin, Puligny-Montrachet and more. The pinch marks are still there.

The food was good, good enough to attract repeat local business travelers (we chatted with a couple female consultants there).
Bon chance.
I am done. the napkins

Posted by
1781 posts

The two above suggestions or were high on my mental list of menus I browsed in passing. I'd eat at either of those places no problem :-)

Posted by
2 posts

We just left Beaune & had a lovely dinner at L”Ecrit ‘Vin, based on a recommendation from the hotel. In addition to having 2 set menu options, they also had chef specials for alacarte dining. We WANTED to eat at La Lune, but they were closed on Sunday.