Please sign in to post.

Restaurant Suggestions in Nice

Looking for solid restaurant suggestions for Nice. We love good food and wine. We will be in Nice late April. Should we book restaurants now or will the day of be ok? We love just about all types of food and aren't picky.

Posted by
7129 posts

Hi JR, if your itinerary isn’t fully booked during the day, I highly recommend this food tour which sounds like you would enjoy. Here’s the excerpt from my trip report in 2019:

“Food tours continue to be one of the best values for me to learn about local food, local history, a city’s culture, and having an activity where English is spoken when I’m traveling solo. Oh, and fantastic food! Two couples & I joined Nadia from “Nice Food & Wine Tours” as we walked through some streets I had wandered the day I arrived, and now I could appreciate so much more of Nice’s history and food culture! Nadia took us to several shops, the Market and we finished with a sit-down meal of local specialties. She was passionate about serving us the best and sharing Nice with us. This was four hours well spent! I especially thought this was brilliant timing because I was able to use all of this information & recommended shops for the rest of my five days in Nice.”

Posted by
1612 posts

One that was recommended to us by the owner of the small inn where we stayed was L'ane Rouge. It's along the harbour, and it was very good. I had the salad Niçoise.

Posted by
1025 posts

Le Bistro d’Antoine. Exceptional food, decent prices. You’ll thank me later. Call for reservations.

Posted by
10120 posts

Four generations of our family has been going to La Pizza Cresci for decades. Wood-fire pizzas.

Posted by
667 posts

Some recommendations might be couched by price point. Reservations are recommended for the most popular places, especially on a weekend.

The Crespo owned restaurants -- including Bistro d'Antoine, Comptoir du Marche, Bar des Oiseux -- are highly recommended among locals and visitors alike. He has two others that I've not yet sampled. Quality for value is very high, especially in the old town.

Le Sejour Cafe is a good bistrot, and Chez Davia has Nicoise cuisine next door -- they are closer to the train station (but still many blocks away, at the edge of the Carre d'Or). La Meranda in the old town is also well known for Nicoise cuisine.

Of the beach restos open in April, lunch at Le Galet is good. While you should generally avoid eating on Cours Saleya, Le Safari is the best cafe facing the market.

At the high end (Michelin starred), Jan, Pure et V, Les Agiteurs and Flaveur (2*).

For pizza, I prefer Vabb'uo or Les Amoureux (more Neopolitan than the cracker like stuff you see on the main squares and main pedestrian zones).

Posted by
1156 posts

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions.

Posted by
1329 posts

Le Ving4 is one of my favorite spots in Nice. There is a marvelous food tour as well"