Please sign in to post.

RER B, CDG to Paris

The RATP site does not report a scheduled strike on the RER B on March 22 (the day I arrive). Does anyone have an information? I land at 0800. I don't know whether to head directly to the taxi stand, or charge up my Navigo card and try for the RER B.

Posted by
10199 posts

You are probably on your way to the airport, but fyi: RATP is striking, too, on the 22nd. It was published a couple days ago. It doesn’t mean no metros and buses but fewer metros and buses. Same for RER. By law, minimum service must be maintained. Wear a money belt.

Posted by
556 posts

Thanks all. On my way later this morning. We'll see. Always a challenge. :-).

Posted by
10199 posts

More recent update as posted in the transportation systems, March 21st p.m.: the metro announced 2 out of 3 RER B and A, while the bus line posted the same: 2 out of 3 for Thursday, March 22nd.

Posted by
20134 posts

The RER A & B are operated by the RATP, same outfit that runs the Metro, which apparently is not striking. The RER C, D, E, etc are operated by SNCF, which is striking. So I am wondering if blanket statements that the RER is going on strike are in fact true. I guess the "real" information is in French.

Posted by
10199 posts

Sam, The RATP is striking tomorrow in solidarity. It was published(as required) two days ago. What I just wrote, I read with my own eyes in French in the metro and in the bus, in Paris today—March 21st. And I’m bilingual, so I do understand what I read.
There’s no apparently about this or that. There’s also nobody knows as David wrote. Bottom line is if you think no one knows or it’s only apparently for you, maybe you should wait until you do know and it’s no longer apparently.

Just today 75020 and I were in a cafe discussing some of these answers.

I’m beginning to understand why Kim signed off.

Posted by
776 posts

Adding to the information already posted. This site will give you a list of Paris RATP buses that will probably be detoured because of the manifestation tomorrow, and a list of the metro stations that may be closed. I do not have a smart phone so when buses are detoured I have no way to find out. Maybe there's an app.

https://www.ratp.fr/travaux-manifestations/manifestations

Posted by
20134 posts

Geez Bets, must have ruffled some feathers there. The OP posted an article in English.
And anybody who knows anything about this forum knows you are bilingual.
Did I chase Kim away? Sorry.

Posted by
2466 posts

The buses are running perfectly. So is the Metro.
I wouldn't chance it for the RER B, because it isn't operable at this time.