Please sign in to post.

Recommendations for Fall 2024?

We have been to France on a few occasions (Paris, Loire Valley, Sarlat, Chartres, Carcassonne, Coulioure) but are looking to return on mid-September 2024 with my brother and his wife for about two weeks. We would have a car.

Are there any regions, and even specific towns, that you might suggest which would offer things similar to say the Lake District in England? Looking for countryside walks, lunch in a town, and perhaps some "smaller" scale sightseeing that might be accessible. A soccer match would be a plus, too. We are happy to move to a new town perhaps 2-3 times during the stay but would prefer to avoid a long (i.e. 4+ hour) drive to relocate.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted by
161 posts

No one's replied which leads me to believe your question is too broad. Since you have been to quite a few areas in the past, it should be a bit easier to see what regions are left and get an overview.

Posted by
3122 posts

It looks like you haven't seen much of eastern France. You might look at the Burgundy wine country and/or the alpine region to the east of Lyon.