Please sign in to post.

Rail Strikes 26 April 2016

Several national unions representing SNCF train and service employees intend to hold a nationwide strike on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 to protest proposed changes to working conditions. Getting through train stations could take longer than usual and lines at automated machines are likely to be long. There could be resulting cancellations and delays to scheduled trains.

Travelers are advised to verify the status of their trains prior to arriving at the station and to allow extra time.

Please consult these websites for information on your train the day of the strike:

www.infolignes.fr

http://www.sncf.com/fr/prevision-trafic

www.sncf.com/en/passengers

http://www.sncf.com/en/news/timetables-traffic-updates

-- U.S. Embassy, Paris France

Posted by
7209 posts

The French on strike??? Say it ain't so!

Posted by
9720 posts

By Sunday or Monday, the SNCF site should have projections for which lines/services will be most affected on Tuesday's strike (which will actually start late Monday evening, around 8 pm).

Posted by
1381 posts

Im just hoping that when I land at CDG on 28 May there isn't an Air France strike, Air Traffic Controllers strike, Rail strike or Taxi strike. One can only hope. Lucked out 2014, AF pilot strike ended 3-days before my departure.

Posted by
1976 posts

Does the strike include RER lines? We are going home from Paris on Tuesday and are planning to take the RER to CDG. I'm just wondering because we took the RER C from the city center to the 16th arrondissement today and saw SNCF logos on the Boulainvilliers signs on the RER station platform.

Posted by
2916 posts

We arrived in Paris on March 31, the day of SNCF, Metro and RER strikes (among others). We had an afternoon TGV train from Paris to Bordeaux that day, and were informed by email the day before that our train was cancelled, and we could take any other Paris-Bordeaux train, although we were no longer guaranteed seats. As it turned out, we took an Air France bus from CDG, and actually caught an earlier train than our cancelled train. We had to change seats once, when the reserved seat holders for our seats showed up, but after that it was fine. And we never saw a ticket collector during the entire 3 1/4 hr ride. We had planned to take RER/Metro despite the strike, but the Air France bus was right at the curb when we left the terminal, so we never got to find out how the strike would have affected our CDG-Montparnasse trip..

Posted by
9720 posts

bumping this up.

This will include fewer trains to / from CDG airport on the RERB (i.e. all the people who would normally be going will be smushed into half the regular number of trains).

Posted by
9720 posts

And Sarah I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention this week and didn't see your question!!! I hope you found some info in advance because unfortunately as you can see, the strike IS affecting the RER to the airport.

(that's what I get for spending the weekend doing my own trip planning for a family trip rather than checking in here!!)