Please sign in to post.

Provins, France

Hello,

My family (wife and sons 3 and 8) depart for Paris in a few weeks. Beyond excited. We will be doing a day trip to Provins. I had a couple of questions for those who have Provins experience.

1. I know what station to depart from but it appears you can't buy tickets in advance. Is that accurate?
  2. We will be seeing the Eagles of the Ramparts show as well as walking the Ramparts, Caeser Tower and riding the little tourist train. I have boys, legally obligated to ride little trains ;-) I don't see the Tithe Barn, Provins museum and Underground galleries as essential given the age of my boys. Thoughts on that?
  3. Anything under the radar I am missing? Can't miss café or restaurant for lunch? Hidden gems I need to know about?

Appreciate the discussions as always,

Luke W

Posted by
408 posts

My wife and I drove to Provins last spring and generally enjoyed the visit. I can't comment on your train question because we didn't take the train.

None of the restaurants or cafés we visited while there for a couple of days were all that memorable, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on that for Provins.

If you're interested in home decoration items, the store Chemin de Champagne near the west end of the old town is worth a stop. Along with the usual stuff the owner has some nice things to offer.