Please sign in to post.

Provence tours

My husband and I will be in Provence in November and are looking for a tour excursion. I have checked out Rick's Steves recommendations in the Provence and The French Riviera guide book. I am considering the Wine Safari tour. Has anyone had experience with this tour or the Avignon Wine tours?

thank you

Posted by
308 posts

Hi there,
I did 2 day tours with Marlene while in Avignon. She is FANTASTIC, I can't say enough good things about her. She took us all over Provence and she is so knowledegable and truly loves the region. Her tours are private though. Her website is http://www.experience-provence.fr

Posted by
184 posts

My husband and I took a tour with Francois Marcou of Avignon Wine Tours. He picked us up at our B&B and two other couples joined us for the tour. His experience in hospitality was evident in everything he provided to and for the group. He had thought of everything to make our trip enjoyable and comfortable. I believe we took the Friday tour and visited a lovely street market and had a delightful gourmet lunch. Francois taught us how to taste wine and was very knowledgeable about wine, the countryside and the history of the area. He definitely ranks at or near the top for tour guides of day tours we have taken in our travels. We just can't say enough complimentary things about him because he was absolutely wonderful.

Posted by
10344 posts

Know before you go: consider the weather in November in Provence, re outdoor activities.