Please sign in to post.

Provence and the French Riviera

Does the guide book Provence and the French Riviera cover everything in Nice and the French Riviera ?

Posted by
27116 posts

There's relatively comprehensive information about the RS guidebooks on this website, in the "Shop Online section. Follow this link and click on "What's Included":

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/provence-guidebook

No, Rick doesn't attempt to cover every town in the area. He chooses the ones he thinks will be of the most interest to his readers and covers them in depth. That doesn't mean the other places aren't worthwhile destinations.

Posted by
18 posts

I have Rick Steven's latest France guide and was thinking of a book to complement it for my two week stay in South France. The description mentions the Provence/French Riviera book goes more in-depth, but it may be incremental as I do like to research on my own about culture/history/attractions in parallel before any trip. Some mention Michelin Green guides, but I see many of them are rather old and was hoping there is something more current post-covid as I am sure there are some changes in restaurants, hotels, etc. due to the pandemic. The guides are also not that cheap, although I can get some used ones. Thank you.

Posted by
1825 posts

I got the Provence/Riviera guide for my trip this fall. It is twice the size of that section in the France guide. It is definitely more comprehensive.