Please sign in to post.

Provence -NEED ADVICE

Location advice.

Staying in Luberon for 10 days, Cotignac for 4 and have 6 days left.

Thinking of staying within 10-20 mins of Aix En Provence.

Thoughts or other suggestions?

many thanks for your adivce

Posted by
375 posts

we stayed in avignon (rented an apartment in the historic city center) and it was a good base for day trips (arles, orange, pont du card, st. remy, tarascon). I've heard wonderful things about Aix...we'll be there in early June for a few days.

Posted by
345 posts

The "real" Luberon is not 10-20 minutes from Aix. While Aix is a nice city, we have not been that impressed because it is large, crowded and difficult for parking.

We have stayed in Roussillon and Joucas several times. Roussillon was/is very crowded because of the ocher rocks that people want to see. Joucas is across the valley from Roussillon and is a very nice little town. We stayed at Le Jas de Joucas which is located just outside town. It was walkable for my husband but not for me. Other suggestions would be Gordes or Isle sur la Sorgue. Both towns are larger than Joucas and would have more hotels and restaurants.

We LOVE the Luberon! We used our Joucas stays for day trips to lots of other places. We have done lots of exploring.

Look at the RS Provence and French Riviera book. There is lots of good information there.