Please sign in to post.

Private tour guide in Paris?

We will be there for about 11 days. It is my first time. We like to see untouristy sites, beautiful architecture. Our idea is to hire a guide twice. For 3 hours at a time. Perhaps a few days apart. Any personal recommendations?
Thank you.

Posted by
1994 posts

I have used Context Paris several times, and they are amazing. They do either very small group tours or private tours. Suggest you check their website.

Posted by
784 posts

Paris Greeters does three hour walking tours geared to ones interest. Guides are volunteers who speak English and are very knowledgeable. They do not accept tips. There is no charge for this service, but you can make a donation at time of booking. You book through their website, answer some questions about your interests and they match you to a volunteer who contacts you to make further arrangements.

Posted by
1174 posts

I second the Paris Greeter suggestion. Our tour, with only four of us, was led by a gentleman that grew up and lived in the Marais. It was just superb and he knew all the places no tourist ever sees. We paid I think $25 as a donation at booking. Take a look.

Posted by
1 posts

I suggest you can go to www.triphobo.com/paris-france here you can get the good information about paris tourist attractions, things to do, hotels, events, Paris trip itinerary including 37 things to do, accommodation, map & time required for each activity. Also you can create your own Paris trip itinerary in just few second & get get that itinerary along with you. I hope it help you.

Posted by
10124 posts

An American licensed by the French government, having passed all the French government tour guide exams (in French), is Iris Amice: adayinsummer@yahoo.fr You can see her on one of the Globe Trekker Paris episodes leading the host on a special tour. She also researched and created the original Chocolate Tour for Paris Walks and still does a few tours for them. She knows every cobblestone in that city. She does get booked up, but it's worth a try.