Please sign in to post.

Pont du Gard

How far in advance must you buy tickets for the guided tour in either English (preferred) or French?
I am looking to book for June of 2023 and I see all dates “greyed” out. I am not sure if this is because all of the dates are “booked” or the facility has not “opened” up the site to buy tickets yet for June.
Any ideas?

Posted by
103 posts

William, I'm guessing (but please correct me as needed, community) that perhaps they only back 60 days out or some such. I'm watching this as well, along with tickets to Ste-Chappelle in Paris -- June is grayed out there is well. Maybe someone else knows exactly when new months roll out?

CK

Posted by
6487 posts

It's pretty confusing, but it looks like they offer the tour in English only twice a month for the next couple of months, and after that it's probably too early to book. The website shows the tour in French several days a week, including next week, and shows general admission to the site every day starting today. Tours may get more frequent later in the season but it looks like they won't be available most days in English. I plan to go there in late October but it seems unlikely that I'll be able to book a tour, even in French, unless I'm willing to sign up well ahead of time.

So my advice to William is wait awhile and check the website again to see if June has opened up, and what days they'll have English tours. If you're lucky you'll get one, otherwise you might get a tour in French (good language lesson) if it's offered on the day you'll be there. It doesn't look like they run out of general admission tickets, except maybe on heavy days like weekends and holidays, but it would seem prudent to get one ahead of your date. Parking is 9 euros more.