Please sign in to post.

Place to stay

Hi. I am going to Paris in July 2023 for 3 nights with my family (7 adults and 1 sophisticated 13 year old). We are looking for hotels that won’t break the bank but are clean and in walking distance to most places. We are even interested in an AirBnb but they all seem to be far from the center. Please help.
Micki

Posted by
8795 posts

No location is going to be “in walking distance to most places.” What you are really needing is a central location with easy access to the Metro. It will help if you also give us an idea of what “won’t break the bank” is for you. I would make sure your choice has air conditioning as well.

Posted by
882 posts

So - go to google maps, make sure you're in a google account.
Navigate to Paris.
Find a place you want to visit - click it. On the left, a bar comes up. Next to DIRECTIONS is a SAVE button. You can save it there to your own list called PARIS. Continue until you've done this loads of times with whatever you want to see.

Once done, you'll see your pins on the map and you can narrow down hotels that are close to what you want to see.

Also, booking.com has a great search feature, you can use their map for available hotels, change the price range, etc.

Posted by
2474 posts

Get familiar with the metro and RER maps. Find lodging near “hub” stations where multiple lines meet. We loved the area near the St. Michel Notre Dame station. The neighborhood is in the oldest part of Paris, and we had easy access to the metro and RER to get to the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, etc. You will be absolutely exhausted (and waste a ton of time) if you try to walk everywhere in Paris.

Apartments that sleep 8 will be VERY expensive and will count a sofa bed as a bed for two people. Anything near “affordable” is probably illegal. Hotels with two queen beds are almost impossible to find. Triples are a little easier. You’ll most likely need 3-4 hotel rooms.

And AC would be an absolute must in July for me.

Posted by
3879 posts

Okay, a budget in some currency is needed or real suggestions. "Won't break the bank" for my brother is 100€ per night per room but for my sister it is 250€ per room. An apartment that will sleep 8 people will be a relatively large apartment and will be costly in the very center, but the good news is that Paris has very good mass transit so staying "far from the center" is great option especially when budget is an issue. How do the seven adult break down? Meaning, how many beds do you need? What do you plan to do during your three days in Paris? I don't know what you mean by most places. Do you mean the most popular tourist sites?