Please sign in to post.

Place du Quebec, Bayeux, France

We will be taking a D-Day Tour in August. The tour guide will pick us up at Place du Quebec in Bayeux because we will be driving from another town. Can anyone suggest where to park our car while we are on the tour? One website I reviewed said there was parking at the train station. Is that true? Thanks!

Posted by
10227 posts

There is one all-day free parking lot back behind the cathedral, but you'll have to ask TI or your guide or someone where it is exactly. You should be able to get a spot because you'll be there early, but when we were there it was the only free lot in town.

Posted by
27206 posts

You may need time to find your way on foot to the pick-up location. If you're with Overlord, their confirmation email gives pretty clear directions. Definitely have a map in hand, just in case. I can't help with parking since I just walked from my hotel.

Bayeux is quite small, but I kept getting turned around during my wanderings. I know I would have struggled with a car. Be sure to allow extra time.

Posted by
1991 posts

I parked my car five years ago along Av. Georges Clémenceau for free and it was an easy 10 minute walk to the centre. Situation can be changed in the meanwhile but according the map of the municipality of Bayeux it didn’t and as you can see there are enough free parking places not too far from the centre. It is in French only but at the top-left corner it shows that the map dates from last April. Zone verte / green zones is gratuite / free.

www.bayeux.fr/sites/default/files/Documents/plan_stationnement.pdf

Posted by
15 posts

Thanks to everyone for their assistance! The color map is very helpful. I have printed it and will take it with us. I read French so no problem there.

I also contacted our tour guide. They said we could drive to Place du Quebec and the guide would be able to tell us where to park.