Please sign in to post.

Phone Service

Does anyone have any recommendations on phone services for cell phones? I do not want to utilize my providers travel as they are outrageously priced, so if anyone has recommendations on companies where I can obtain a sim card for my stay, I would greatly appreciate it. (:

Posted by
7346 posts

The last time I got a SIM card after arriving in France, I went to an Orange store. That’s the name - Orange. Since then, I switched my regular service at home to T-mobile, and travel with my phone is basically just like using it at home, although there’s an additional charge to make a phone call.

Posted by
9562 posts

Orange is a good company (that’s where we have our cell contracts as well are our home service), and they definitely have SIMs for visitors .

Other reliable companies are SFR and Bouygues .

Posted by
532 posts

My Orange SIM card purchased in Marais this week was 15€ (data only), for 10Gb. Expires in 30 days. Expect a long wait time. (One hour for us start to finish).

Posted by
11 posts

Wow, I was not expecting such a quick response! Thank you all so very much! It appears Orange is the one to go with! (:

Posted by
7534 posts

Worth mentioning, you need to verify with your current carrier that your phone is unlocked (or can be unlocked) and that you can put in another SIM temporarily. If you phone is being purchased on contract, you may have agreed not to use other SIMs for some duration.

Posted by
11 posts

Paul, great point! Yes, I definitely am going to be checking into that with my carrier, but thankfully have an extra phone that is for sure unlocked I plan on bringing if my main phone cannot! (: