Please sign in to post.

Pet-free hotels in Paris

Hoping someone can help...I am very allergic to cats. Is anyone aware of a hotel in Paris recommended by Rick Steves (or another that you would recommend) that has rooms designated as pet-free? I'm concerned about staying somewhere with cat dander throughout, and many hotels I've looked at seem to allow pets! Thanks!

Posted by
3707 posts

Take a look at Hotel Astoria Astotel. Pets are not allowed in the property. It’s funny but I have never seen a guest cat in a hotel in France — dogs, absolutely and relatively often and not just in hotels but also in restaurants. Never seen a cat though. I wonder if they are being cat like and keeping to themselves or if cat people do not vacation with cats because cats like to stay home.

Posted by
2186 posts

There's a famous cat, Norton, whose owner has written two books: "The Cat Who Went to Paris" and its sequel "A Cat Abroad." But that's been awhile ago! I think, as someone else mentioned, that the resident cat is more likely to be a problem than traveling cats.

Posted by
5222 posts

Kaopala,
My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Diana near La Sorbonne.
I don't recall seeing any cats in the hotel but you may contact them and ask.

Hope this helps!

Have a wonderful trip!

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks to all for your help. Hypoallergenic typically means free of all allergens, so this list is a great help.