We are looking for a one day tour from Paris to Normandy with Canadian content. We will be travelling with our 13 year old granddaughter. We would appreciate any suggestions!
My wife and I did the following on a one-day self-guided tour, if you want to go that way:
- early morning train from Gare St Lazare in Paris to Caen;
- rent car from Europcar, just across street from Caen station;
- Pegasus Bridge;
- Ouistreham and Sword Beach;
- many stops on Juno Beach as we passed items of interest (Canadian content);
- Juno Beach Centre in Courseulles-sur-Mer (Canadian);
- Arromanches and Gold Beach;
- lunch at Arromanches;
- Canadian War Cemetery at Beny-sur-Mer (Canadian)
- drive back to Caen station;
- 6:00 or 7:00 train back to Paris.
You may not want to do all these things, but this illustrates how much you can do in a day trip from Paris if you drive yourself. Driving in Normandy is really not difficult. Get a GPS or a good map and you'll be OK.
Normandy Sightseeing Tours offers Canadian content tours and will pick up from the Bayeux train station. My wife & I have booked with them for the full day tour in July.
Although I have visited Normandy many times, I don't usually concentrate on the Canadian activities. However, I almost never miss a visit to the Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery in Reviers. It is one of the most beautiful and contemplative sites in Normandy.