Please sign in to post.

Paris to Bordeaux

We ill be flying into Orly Airport late May and, from there plane to go directly to Bordeaux either by plane or train. Im wondering which mode of transportation is least hassle.

Posted by
2916 posts

Check the airfare and schedule for flights and see how it compares to the train. The train from Paris (Gare Montparnasse) to Bordeaux takes only 2 hours. It's still 2 months before the date, so maybe there are still some good train fares left. I've gone from Paris to Bordeaux by train, and never even looked into the possibility of flying.

Posted by
23 posts

Thanks Robert,
Flight is around $100 round trip and about 1 hour flying time. I'm concerned about getting to the plane one time once I arrive from the states. How was the train ride?

Posted by
473 posts

We traveled from Bordeaux to Paris last summer and it was quick and easy. City center to city center. Buy tickets early for best price. We use Trainline. Very friendly app and website. We were able to buy first class for only a little more than 2nd class.

Posted by
2916 posts

That's a very good fare Hulal. I assume it's nonrefundable, so you lose out if you miss the flight. That will also be an issue if you get a low rail fare. As for the train trip, I always enjoy train rides.