Please sign in to post.

Paris to Bayeux and back

Planning on staying in Bayeux the night before doing a full day D-Day beaches tour and then heading back to Paris after the tour. What time should I plan for the train tickets out of Bayeux back to Paris? Can I make it by 6:35? It looks like the next one is at 8:05pm. I'm a little concerned about getting back to Paris so late at night, although those are cheaper ticket prices.

Posted by
1175 posts

We were done at 5:00PM and back in Bayeux by 5:30 or so. You might ask your tour operator regarding times and let them know your travel arrangements at 6:35. Allow enough time to check out of your hotel and get to the train station. If you travel light, you might just take a back pack along on the tour after checking out before the tour starts. You should make the 6:35 train and might even get dropped off by the tour operator at the train station.

Posted by
11294 posts

If you can specify what your concern is about a late Paris arrival, people can give better advice. A quick look at schedules at Bahn shows that your train will get back to Paris about 10:30 PM; Paris is still quite busy at that hour. You can always get a taxi from the station back to your hotel if you don't want to take the Metro (although again, the Metro will not be empty, or even close to it, at that time - lots of people will be heading home from dinner just then).

Posted by
13 posts

The tour guide says we will be at the train station by 6pm, but good point that we will need to still get our luggage as well. It might be a little hectic to make the 6:30 train. I think the later one should be fine. My only concern with getting to Paris that late is the fact that this is our first time in Paris, so we will be unfamiliar, and needing to get to our hotel, etc. But it sounds like that shouldn't be that big of a concern for us really. Thanks.

Posted by
12172 posts

Check duration of the train too. Some of the trains to Bayeux are direct and take much less time than anything with a connection and/or multiple stops. That may make a difference in your plans.