Please sign in to post.

Paris to Bayeux

Hello,

We are planning a day trip to the Normandy area in May. The spring/summer schedule was just released, although we'd be following the winter schedule and saw that there was a direct train from Paris Saint Lazare to Bayeux leaving around 7:10 a.m Now it appears that line is no longer there and the only trains I'm seeing (on SNCF; RailEurope; Trainline; GoEuro) have 2 stops and take 4-5 hours to get there.

Is this normal? Surely there's a first thing in the morning direct train?

Any input from the experts would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted by
2746 posts

The Paris St Lazare to Bayeux is a regular and runs several times a day at roughly two-hour intervals. The issue here is although the new schedule is posted, there is likely some track work planned somewhere and thus this is not finalized. I would be patient and wait a month, these trains should appear. I made the mistake of panicking in late 2014 for early April 2015, the direct trains disappeared well in advance, we were already locked on our Eurostar, we panicked and took a longer and costlier route from Montparnasse which forced us also to rearrange lodging for a night as we could not make the last small train from Caen to Bayeux. Sure enough, a month later the trains from Lazare were back but we already had our other tickets. Since then I have seen other instances of this identical schedule quirk. Give it a bit of time to sort out, check in a month.

Posted by
60 posts

Thank you so much for the info. We'll definitely wait it out and see what happens.

We are planning our day trip for May 22.