Please sign in to post.

Paris & the Heart of France April 2016

Ok, I'm a newbie - my first post but I'm cross eyed reading all the forums available. Very informative and entertaining. Considering our first RS tour - Paris & the Heart of France in April of next year. Specific questions about Mont St-Michel - can anyone who has been on this tour tell me if you were there to see the tide come in and is there time to attend Mass at the Abbey? The itinerary for this trip sounds great.

We are big RS fans but we have never taken a structured tour. We have traveled to Italy on our own for 4 weeks in 2009 and again for 6 weeks in 2012 - rented a car on 2nd trip. Guess I am most concerned about the mornings, although when we travel on our own we are usually up and going every day and we have a pretty structured itinerary for our entire trip before we leave home. I thoroughly study RS travel guides and won't leave the hotel without it. I left mine in a church in Trastevere once and had to go back two days in a row before I could retrieve it!! I've read that most days start after breakfast and then heading out around 8 or 8:30. It has also been mentioned that this tour is pretty full so wondering if we will have very much free time. I have to admit the part about not waiting in lines for museum entrance, etc , especially after what I have read about getting into Mont St-Michel, sounds like a huge pro. But still weighing the pros and cons of tour vs on our own. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.