Please sign in to post.

Paris--September, 2024

Does anybody have any thoughts about visiting Paris in September, 2024? I am planning my next Paris fix. Low key 12 days in the city with possible day trips. How do you think recovering from the Olympics and para Olympics (ending (9/08) will affect the city?

Posted by
10208 posts

September is trade-show month, as well as fashion week, and probably the busiest month in Paris. Can you hang on until October?

Posted by
13978 posts

I'm probably going the end of Sept because that works best with other plans I have in place. I have not made reservations yet but in looking at hotel rates when others have mentioned Paris in 2024 they look awful, lol.....but I'll bite the bullet and go. I will also be back the end of Oct for a week or so, so will plan any big museum visits for then. I almost always make a Louvre visit - and will see if there are any special exhibitions at other museums then.

Posted by
1483 posts

Thanks for the insights.
I was in Paris in September, 2022 and didn't feel the crowds were an issue. My work year is October 1st to September 31st so I can't go in October without wasting my 2024 vacation days.
I am similar to Pam. Once I make my mind up about a trip I will find the funds. It might mean that the trip after that has to be economized, or I might work extra days to make up the difference.
Just knowing that Paris is on the list for a year out will help me sleep better at night.

I have been traveling now for 9 years and it is nice to have found a place that I want to return to.