Please sign in to post.

Paris - Sept2022

We are planning a trip to Paris Sept 1-22 , 2022. for our 40th anniversary. We plan on staying in Paris for 7 days . We are looking at some options apartment style . Would appreciate hearing any suggestions

Posted by
3 posts

I've secured an Airbnb for a week in May on Ile St. Louis that looks wonderful. You might try that website.

Posted by
2544 posts

I would be very careful about renting an apartment in Paris for September, which is arguably the busiest month of the year for finding accommodations. If anything goes wrong, and there are more and more stories about last minute apartment cancellations, it will be very difficult to find a backup place to stay. The apartment situation in Paris has changed, be cautious.

Posted by
195 posts

Could you elaborate on your comments regarding apartments in Paris?
I am planning on booking an apartment either through Cobblestone or through Paris Vacation Apartments.
Am I making a mistake?
We will be first time visitors to Paris.
We will be traveling in October.
Is it better to stay in a hotel?
Obviously, we want to avoid any last minute issues in lodging?
Thank you for your advice.

Posted by
1369 posts

I have stayed in two different apartments through Cobblestone Paris, https://cobblestoneparis.com, happy with both places and will use them again when I return to Paris. This past November/December I stayed in one of the apartment buildings with Apartment du Louvre, https://www.apartmentsdulouvre.com. I chose them because both their buildings have elevators, which was appreciated due to my mothers limited mobility. We were in the Le Marais building, So Chic apartment.

Posted by
195 posts

Thank you for the feedback on Cobblestone Apartments- no worries!

I appreciate you sharing the info on the apartment in the Marais. I was so tempted to book an apartment in the Marais - but this being our first trip - the location I choose in the 6th Arrondissement - is more centrally located to our trip plan.

I guess - I will just have to say - as I read in another text - I will save that experience for our next trip!

Posted by
8 posts

We were able to find a nice apartment on aisle St. Louis through Guest Apartment services .

Posted by
145 posts

We have stayed in various apartments with Paris Perfect many times and always had an outstanding experience. I have referred many friends to this company and they have always been very happy, as well. They have many places near Rue Cler, some with lovely Eiffel Tower views. Congratulations on 40 years - how wonderful!

Posted by
2745 posts

I had a coworker have issues years ago with a Paris perfect rental, their level of arrogance was a little unbelievable. They are perfect so the problem has to be you.

I have used vacation in Paris and guest apartment services and never had a problem with either one of those. But I am avoiding Airbnb, due to the Paris restrictions on apartment rentals you see a lot of last-minute cancellations and I think a lot of those are due to the apartment basically being over days allowed to rent or otherwise illegal and being told no more renting