Please sign in to post.

Paris restaurant

My husband and I will be in Paris March 3-17, 2018. Although we will be trying to keep restaurant costs down for the most part, he does have a birthday on the 8th. Any recommendations for a special restaurant to eat traditional French cuisine? Prices can not be too exorbitant, but for a birthday dinner we can splurge a bit and service and quality is equally as important. Also, we are staying in Le Marais, but we can venture outside of that area if that is where the restaurant recommendation is.Thanks so much in advance for your recommendation.

Posted by
8035 posts

Our favorite moderately priced place for a magnificent meal is L'Initial. 48 Euro 7 course (plus snack on table and mignardises, so sort of 9 courses) dinner. We had a glass of champagne for 12 Euro and a carafe of water for 0. We plan to go back this May as it was so good.

Posted by
10175 posts

On Janet’s recommendation, we went to L’Initial in October, and second her recommendation. We were with knowledgeable French friends who’ve eaten in many top restaurants and they were impressed, too. We had a bottle of champagne and a bottle of Burgundy—yes, we went all out! We expect this one will get on the Michelin radar one day. We’re going back next month. Thanks Janet.

Posted by
375 posts

We’ve eaten at La Librairiee to celebrate different events. And will be going back this summer! Good reviews, local place, serving food of the season. A traditional French bistrot. LaLibrairie it’s in the 16th, across the river from the Eiffel Tower but down a bit.

Posted by
5697 posts

Just looked up L'Initial -- it's already in Michelin. Put it on my wish list.

For traditional French food at a lower price point, we like Polidor near the Odeon -- 3-course menu or pick from the carte -- €50 for two dinners plus a carafe of house red.