Please sign in to post.

Paris Plages 2015

I will be Paris during Paris Plages 2015. Has anyone had the opportunity to enjoy one of these?

Posted by
3951 posts

Yes! If you are traveling with kids or want to see how multi generational Parisians enjoy themselves please make your way up to the Basin de la Villette to see this Plage. It just opened this week.

EDIT: here is a trip report I did 2 years ago--7/20/13

We are currently in Paris and I wanted to highly recommend the Paris Plage this year. We had seen the one along the Seine on 2 previous visits (this is their 12th year) but today we wandered along the Canal St. Martin/Bassin de la Villette where a 2nd Paris Plage opened today, July 20-August 18, 2013. This is the city's way of offering the people who must stay in the city during the heat of the summer a little recreational activity. While the one along the Seine is nice to observe, sandy beaches, chairs, umbrellas, music, etc., the one along the Bassin de la Villette (Metro Jaures) was outstanding. There were unique activities for children and adults alike that involved games, water vehicles, zip lines across the canal, great food/drinks, go carts, and much more. You can also take a 1/2h canal boat ride on Saturdays and Sundays for only 1Euro. If you have children or want to observing people relaxing and having a LOT of fun, don't miss this event.

Posted by
11507 posts

We enjoy strolling along it in the early evening, families and groups of friends picnic, there are street musicians performing, and we buy a beer and hard cider and just enjoy the ambience! Of course this assumes decent weather!

For families with young children it might make a nice mid afternoon break, but older kids will not be impressed by the sprinklers and sand toys. I would say its most fun for kids under 7-9.

Posted by
112 posts

that does sound fun ... I especially enjoy street musicians. Thank you for your responses

Posted by
993 posts

We will be there in a couple weeks! Only in Paris part of Saturday, all of Sunday, so besides our early Eiffel Tower trip on Sunday we are pretty wide open just to walk around and check it out - or any other random thing we find!

Trying to decide if we should go up to the Bassin de la Villette part or not...

When are you there? If it's before me (august 8-9) then please post! If I am first, I'll do the same!

Kim

Posted by
112 posts

I have two agendas on Sunday 8/9/15. The races at the Hippodrome and/or Paris Plages. I will definitely post. I of course want to do everything however both things are an hour away from my hotel, so not sure what will happen until I'm there. Have lots of fun!

Posted by
7027 posts

Kim, the hippodromes are horse racing venues. There are 3 around Paris - Vincennes, Auteuil, and Longchamp.