Please sign in to post.

Paris Passes

I am looking at the various Paris Passes that are available. In the RS France Book, the Paris Museum Pass is mentioned. We also found two others: ParisPassLib from the Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Paris Pass which is suppose to include entrance to Museums and other attractions as well as TravelCard. Anyone have experience with the ParisPassLib or the Paris Pass?

Posted by
8056 posts

These other products are not passes (if by passes you are thinking of a single card that does all this) but products that just combine existing passes including the terribly overpriced Paris Visite travel card and the ordinary Museum Pass, and then add a fee. You are better off getting a Museum Pass and a carnet of metro tickets for 14.10 or if the dates work a Navigo Decouverte travel pass. The only possible advantage of these overpriced products would be if the ParisPassLib's promise of access to the Eiffel Tower for 15 Euro extra actually means a timed entrance. If you can't book one on your own and this is what they deliver, that might make the generally overpriced product worth getting. But Paris Pass no.

Posted by
2622 posts

Assuming you get a pass, the Paris Museum Pass is all you need. I get one each time I visit and I get my money's worth. If you want to make sure it's worth it for you, add up the prices for the sites you want to see and see if the pass makes it less expensive. I like the pass because I'm cheap and will stand around wondering if I should shell out the Euros for Site A or Site B. The Paris Pass makes it a free-for-all for me. I'll go into anything I walk by that happens to be on the pass, in addition to my planned sites. With the pass in my pocket, I don't fret about wandering in somewhere for just 30 minutes and leaving.

If you want to buy a transit option, just get a 10 ride carnet for about 15 Euros and share that.

Posted by
1059 posts

i found that the Museum Pass had a benefit that I often took advantage of. Public toilets can sometimes be difficult to find. When you do find one, they usually cost or if free may not be as clean as you would desire. With the Museum Pass, you can always go into a museum and use their facilities. That might not seem a big deal, but it can be if or when the time comes.

Posted by
808 posts

Totally agree with previous posts. Paris Museum Pass is your best bet and then purchase a carnet of tickets for the metro. This will give you the best bang for your buck.

Posted by
44 posts

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input. The Paris Pass looked good - but maybe at first glance it seemed too good. Sounds like the Paris Museum Pass is the way to go.