Please sign in to post.

Paris pass

Is the Paris pass worth the buy and it seems like I heard there is a good alternative to Versailles but can't remember the name and location? Is it reasonably close to Paris. Thanks!

Posted by
703 posts

I would purchase a Museum Pass, not the Paris Pass, for the number of days needed. From what I've heard, the Paris Pass is not that good of a deal. I've never purchased one personally. I have purchased the Museum Pass on 3 separate trips to Paris and if you love museums, it is the way to go. For transport, get carnets of metro tickets (10 ticket packages) or a Navigo pass (goes from Monday thru Sunday I think). You might be thinking of the chateau at Fontainebleau. We were going to go last year but got sick during our trip so ended up not going outside of the city at all. Next time...

Posted by
2625 posts

The Paris Museum Pass is worth it....to be distinguished from the Paris Pass, which is not generally worth the cost. Your prior posts about a budget hotel indicates you are staying in Paris for 2 nights. If this is your first trip to Paris, you shouldn't bother with Versailles or any of the other chateaux or palaces etc. around there...you don't have time for them. With 2 nights in Paris you have basically just one full day there. There's plenty of sites to see in the core of Paris and plenty of just strolling around and getting to experience how beautiful it is.

Posted by
352 posts

I agree, Paris Museum Pass is well worth it (buy 2, 4 or 6 day options for different prices).

Posted by
15827 posts

Oh gosh, with just 2 nights I would definitely confine your sightseeing to what's in central Paris. You also have 3 teenagers: what are they interested in seeing in the city? If they're all under age 18, they'll be free at the Louvre, the d'Orsay, the Arc de Triomphe, Sainte-Chapelle and many other attractions. Notre Dame will be free for all of you, and a climb up the towers will be free for your young people under 18 as well.

I wouldn't bother with 2-day Paris Museum Passes (do not purchase the overpriced PARIS PASS) for over 17's unless you have the time to make good on them - such as a good chunk of your first day - and want to see enough of what they cover in the first place. Also be aware of which days some of the attractions are closed.

http://en.parismuseumpass.com