Please sign in to post.

Paris Pass

Is Paris pass worth the money and convenience? We have 3 days in Paris. it looks like a large number opportunities to use the pass.

Posted by
20158 posts

IMO, no. You are paying the promoters half the cost of the pass and getting a pile of discounts at places you can't possibly see in 3 days. Everything about it is over-priced.

Posted by
2 posts

I'm doing some research on this very same issue. Recently I came across this very detailed article, which might be of some help.

https://independenttravelcats.com/buying-paris-pass-review-worth-it-tips/

Our trip will be in 2024, so I plan to get my itinerary "wish list" drafted, and then compare prices to see what makes the best sense for me. I expect to do lots of walking, and also use public transportation to get around. Thoughts at this point are to visit some of the usual monuments and museums, as well as including some time for neighbourhood exploration, food tasting, markets and shopping, etc.

If you do decide to use the Paris Pass, let us know how it worked out for you!

Posted by
13968 posts

@ljwarren, welcome to the forum! Since this is your first post I'm wary about clicking on your link. Can you summarize what they recommend? Most of us who travel to Paris regularly don't feel the Paris Pass is a good value.

Posted by
2549 posts

The Paris Pass is nothing other than an overpriced compilation of otherwise available tickets/passes at far lower cost.

One word summary: Avoid.

Posted by
8069 posts

The thing to be aware of is that there is no such thing as a 'Paris Pass' if by 'pass' you mean a single card with multiple purposes. It is a marketing scheme where they put the most expensive travel pass, the Visite, and an ordinary museum pass in an envelope with a bunch of coupons for other stuff all of which you can buy on your own and which you won't have time to do in 3 days and then add a fee. It is never a bargain and it isn't all that convenient. Note that they usual include the 3 zone Paris Visit which also means you can't use it in from the airport without upgrading to a 5 zone pass. Note also that the Museum pass requires pre-booking time slots at many museums including the Louvre and that the Louvre has limited slots of pass holders so that while others are able to buy tickets on line, your pass time slots will be 'sold out.'

Posted by
8 posts

We were in Paris 3 days. Honestly the pass was not worth it for us. We did better booking tours for sights through other apps. Times were more readily available. We did not have enough time to fully use the pass for museums and attractions. I would recommend you have a detailed list of attractions and timeline and compare cost.