Please sign in to post.

Paris Pass

We will be in Paris for two full days 4July-6July this summer. I am looking at the Paris Pass. If I purchase the pass, does it only include free entry to the listed attractions? Or, does it also include the guided tours at some of the sites ? Also, we are traveling during high season, is there a possibility we will be closed out on the tours even though the pass gives us free entry ? I am confused as how the pass exactly works.

Thank you for any insight ! Deirdre

Posted by
2542 posts

I have yet to see any purposed itinerary which made purchasing the Paris Pass worthwhile. I would absolutely avoid it. It is nothing other than which you can otherwise purchase at far lower cost.

Posted by
5580 posts

Are you looking at the Paris Pass or the Paris MUSEUM Pass? Many, including myself, find the museum pass worthwhile. I've never heard good things about the paris pass.

Posted by
27047 posts

Based on comments on this forum from highly knowledgeable posters, the Paris Pass is nothing but a bundle of passes/tickets you could buy separately at far lower cost. Many people do seem to like the Paris Museum Pass.

I have not been to Paris recently and haven't actually used either product.

Posted by
11507 posts

Paris Pass- NO

Paris Museum Pass - possibly

You only have two days - what sights are your priority ?

A pass of any type may not be needed or recommended -

Also which days of week are you in Paris - big museums close Monday or Tuesday’s so you have to plan well

Posted by
595 posts

I have used the Paris Museum Pass but not the Paris Pass. Read the websites carefully, but it is my understanding that neither pass includes guided museum tours. Both will let you skip the ticket buying line but not the security line. Depending on which museums you plan to see you might find you save money just buying the tickets on line individually at each museum's website.

Here's how the Museum pass worked for me: I purchased it at a newsstand across from Sainte-Chapelle, I went through the security line, then skipped the ticket-buying line, showed my pass and entered. On another day, at the Louvre I think I skipped the ticket-buying line, then went through security.

Depending on how many museums you plan to see you might not find it much of a savings to purchase the museum pass. I looked up the individually purchased prices on the websites and compared with the total cost of the pass.

The Paris Pass is much more expensive for what you get.

Posted by
8035 posts

Ticket buying at the Louvre is past the security line. Security entrances do not require tickets unless you are using the designated pass/ticket security line at the pyramid which is often longer than other entrance for security. Once inside the secure area you can check things, buy tickets, go to the bookstore, get lunch. To see the art you enter at the 3 different wings and that is where you show your pass or ticket. There is never a significant line to do that (except special exhibits).

At the Orsay, the Orangerie there are separate lines for those with passes/tickets; at Ste. chapelle, Versailles or the Tower at Notre Dame there is no line advantage. The Museum Pass is the part of the Paris Pass for museum entry; the Paris Pass is a kit of coupons and passes for things you won't have time to see or do in two days and is very overpriced. (In two days you won't have much use for the pricey Paris Visite transport pass if you are maximizing museum entry or for the HOHO bus and the Seine Cruise). Any of those things is cheaper if bought on your own if you want it.