Please sign in to post.
Posted by
2448 posts

Thank you so much for posting this! I hope to take the Paris and the Heart of France tour in October of next year, stay an extra few days in Paris, and visit lots of parks, so this is just what I needed. Which parks are your favorites?

Posted by
556 posts

The Luxembourg because I have so many cherished memories there. My late husband and I shared many a picnic there. Back in the day before credit cards and computerized check outs. Just shopping was a challenge. We would just hand them our money and hope for the best.

Posted by
3836 posts

Bookmarked. Thank you. Hoping to get to Paris next Spring.

Posted by
3961 posts

My favorite Park so far is the beautiful Jardin du Luxembourg. In the future I want to visit Parc Monceau. We also missed Jardin Anne-Frank in the Le Marais District. I read that the Jardin Anne-Frank is relatively unknown, small & rarely crowded. It’s known more for a place of respite, rather than a garden.

Posted by
380 posts

Two of my favorites: Monceau and Jardin Ranelagh, just across street from the Marmottan museum. It used to have the most wonderful old children’s carousel (where the kids try to grab a brass ring with a baton as they swirl around), but it wasn’t there in 2018 or 2019 visits.

Posted by
8049 posts

I love that carrousel and am sorry to hear it hasn't been there lately -- it was so charming and I hoped my granddaughter would be able to ride when we make our two year delayed trip this spring (we hope)

There is an antique carrousel of great charm in Square Batignolles as well - but entirely different -- old metal painted things to ride -- whereas the one you reference was wood and rather primitive with the kids waving little swords to spear the rings.

Posted by
556 posts

There is a small carrousel in the Luxembourg. Judging by the size of the horses, it is only meant for smaller children. They are given a stick (sword) with which to grab a brass ring.

Posted by
380 posts

On one visit to the Ranelagh park, I was mesmerized by one little girl on the carousel — perhaps 6 years old, she was so ... fierce (in a good way!) and enthralled by her task: spear more rings than any other rider.
Ahh, hoping to make more Paris memories soon.