Please sign in to post.

Paris Opera House (Palais Garnier) seems to be closed to tours after March 10 2024. Anyone know why?

My wife and I are going to be in Paris April 25-27, 2024 as part of the France My Way tour. We were hoping to take a tour of the Paris Opera House. But, it seems they are not scheduling tours after March 10, 2024. Anyone know why? There is probably an obvious reason I'm overlooking.

Thank you.

Posted by
386 posts

Dates beyond March 10 are not yet available for online booking. Their reservation calendar reflects 40-45 days out, and will continue to 'roll' as current days/weeks advance. Your April week will likely become available sometime in mid-March.

Posted by
3844 posts

Consider taking their evening tour. The place is pretty much empty and you can really see and appreciate the decor. There were 3 different language groups when we took this tour and we never ran into each other.

Posted by
31 posts

I work for the agency that does the Opera tours, and they indeed will operate, it must be a glitch. They operate everyday, unless the occasionnal closure of the Opéra certain days there and then

Posted by
31 posts

Please note seeing the auditorium is never a guarantee, as it can be closed for rehearsals, but the place is amazing anyway

Posted by
281 posts

We just took the tour yesterday. I didn't know they did evening tours. It was my birthday though. Despite the crowds (and it was crowded on a Sunday), the tour was fantastic and well worth it. If the Nureyev exhibit is still there, it's worth a short stop.

Posted by
31 posts

Just an update : the agency said they were doing the schedule for the tour guides, and then will reopen the slots for after 10th March

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you all. I see the calendar creeping towards the end of April. And, I think we will take the evening tour based on your recommendations.

Hi does anyone have any additional information about booking the guided opera house tours?
I see in February someone replied that they should show up soon.
I’ve checked today and tours are open to book for March only, April is still not available.
I was unable to find contact information for the company that runs their tours.
We’ll be there the second week of April and I was really looking forward to doing the after hours tour.
I’m wondering if I should just book the independent visit.
Thanks for your help.