Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass for kids?

We are spending 4 days in Paris the first week of August. We are traveling with our 3 children ages 9, 12, 14. It looks like the Museum Pass makes sense for my husband and I, though we don't plan to spend too much time in museums, just for the advantage of skipping ticket lines at many of the Paris sights. However, since admissions to most sights are free for children it doesn't seem to make sense to buy passes for the kids.

Will the children still need a ticket to get in, or will they be admitted without one?

In other words, will we end up waiting in line to pick up their free tickets?

The only place where it specifically states that children will need a ticket is the Arc de Triomphe.

How long is the ticket line (for the kids' tickets) likely to be there?

Posted by
16893 posts

1) No ticket needed at most sites.

2) No.

3) Besides the Arc de Triomphe, the other place stated in Rick's book and previous Forum discussions is the Army Museum.

4) I don't know how much line to expect at the Arc de Triomphe but would expect zero line at the Army Museum.

Posted by
11507 posts

Most definately do not get children a pass!

I had to get in line for a ticket at the Invalids Army Museum( all my kids like that Museum very much!) , line took about five minutes!

Posted by
3 posts

We had to get free tickets for ourselves and kids at Musee Des Arts et Metiers (technology museum) but there was no line. At Arc de Triomphe, we did not realize the children needed tickets and strolled on up to the entry point with our passes. The attendant there told us the kids needed tickets AND he went over to the ticket window and got them for us.