Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

I would buy it just to skip the long lines.
Do I expect long lines in October/November, please?

Posted by
4888 posts

Depends on which museum, and to some extent which day if the week. The larger/more popular places are crowded most of the year.

Depending on how many/which places you want to visit, it may be less expensive to just buy advance tickets. You still skip the ticket buying line (which is all that is meant by skip the line tickets- you still have to line up through security).

Posted by
13978 posts

I’d expect long lines at d’Orsay especially on a Tuesday when the Louvre is closed. Try to do d’Orsay on another day. There are lines here for BOTH those who don’t hold tickets AND for museum pass holders.

You can never skip the security line and that is what slows things down in many places.

Which museums are you thinking to visit?

Posted by
8072 posts

Some museums have separate security lines which are usually faster for pass or ticket holders. The Louvre (although they are now expecting timed tickets), the Orsay, Orangerie all do for sure. There is usually no advantage at Ste Chapelle and there is no line advantage at Versailles. Either show up half an hour early at least or get a timed ticket or timed behind the scenes tour when those are available.

Posted by
94 posts

Pam,
This is the list:
1. Louvre
2.D'Orsay
3.St. Chapelle
4.Rodin
5.Conciergerie
6.Cluny
7.Versailles
8.Marmottan
9.Opera Garnier
10.Musee de l'Armee
Plus several churches.

Posted by
94 posts

I visited Louvre website, and booked two sets of tickets, one for Leonardo, one for general visit.
Can I do the same thing with Versailles, please?

Posted by
8072 posts

Versailles apparently stops offering timed tickets after November 1 -- so either arrive early like 8:30 at least or book a behind the scenes tour which let's you skip the long security line.

Posted by
4684 posts

The Marmottan doesn't accept the Museum Pass at all, although it's worth the money if you like Impressionists.

Posted by
94 posts

I booked Louvre and Versailles. What is the next tough one, please?
Do I still need Museum Pass after booking Louvre and Versailles?

Posted by
9423 posts

The Louvre is the only tough one this time of year, imo.
We walked right into the Orsay last Thursday and right into Versailles (mid-day) on 9/24.

As Pam mentioned, the Louvre is closed on Tuesday so don’t go to the Orsay on a Tuesday. The Orsay Wed-Fri is best.