Please sign in to post.

Paris museum pass

Hello!! I’m going to be in Paris in April/May and was wondering if the PMP is good on May 1st? We are going to Disney so I’ll only have 2 days to use it and if May first is not good then it’s a waste to get it !! Thanks in advance

Posted by
30 posts

Hello -
May 1st events might impact your ability to access sites or traffic/etc..you may find that most things are closed -but the Paris Museum Pass is usually a good value if you plan on going to at least 4 of the many sites it includes-
If you went to only to Louvre, D'Orsay, Saint Chappelle and Arc de Triomphe- those 4 tickets combined are the same cost as the 2 day Museum Pass- so I find that it's a good value-

Posted by
10188 posts

Check the museum websites and you'll see if any are open that day. That is the one holiday almost all museums close, but you should check the ones you want to visit to be sure.

Posted by
1825 posts

I was in Paris on May 1st a couple years ago. I had a lovely day at the Luxembourg Gardens. There were bands playing, kids sailing boats on the lake, ice cream and great people watching. It was a wonderful day. But to your question specifically, you might try searching on the museum pass. There have been so many posts on this and many feel it isn't as good a deal as it used to be with some of the 'biggies' also requiring an reservation. However, there is a 2 day pass.

Posted by
2544 posts

Tourists seem to love the idea of a pass, be it museum or transportation or some other. While it can be convenient, it is not always the most cost effective option.

Decide where it is you want to visit and check the costs of individual tickets. If individual tickets cost less that a pass, purchase individual tickets on line and save the money. Prepurchased tickets allow you to use the same museum entrances as those with passes. If you think you will save money with a pass, purchase a pass but museums no longer allow multiple entries for Paris museum pass holders.

Posted by
27107 posts

And the Louvre requires even passholders to make a timed reservation. (I think perhaps the Pompidou Centre does as well, but I'm not sure about that one.)

Posted by
8049 posts

May 1 is the biggest holiday in Western Europe and virtually all museums and monuments will be closed. The Seine cruises, the Eiffel Tower and the parks are open and I think Jacquemart Andre museum; that is about it. I would not buy the pass for May 1.

Posted by
13934 posts

I agree with Janet. I'd not have May 1 be one of my Museum Pass days as it will be wasted. I made that mistake a couple of years ago without realizing it and yes, the only open museum was the Jacquemart-Andre which is not covered by the Museum Pass.

Which museums do you think you want to see?