Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

We are going to Paris Sept. 9th. What is the best way to get the Museum Pass?

Posted by
6502 posts

Here's the website for the Paris Museum Pass. In the upper right corner, click on "Buy," and you'll see links for buying online, at the airport, in Paris, etc.

There's no need to buy it online before you go, or at the airport either after a long tiring flight. Most on this board recommend buying it at the first place you go that it covers, i.e. the first time you'll be using it. The exception to that advice is that lines at the Louvre, Orsay, Versailles and maybe a few other places can be very long, and it will save time to have the pass already. What I do is buy the pass at one of the smaller covered attractions where there's little or no line, whether or not I'm going in. You can also get it at FNAC stores, which are all over Paris, and at some kiosks, see the website.

Remember not to put in the start date until you actually use the pass for the first time -- that's when the clock starts. Then race around like hell to all the museums you can find for however many days you've bought! ;-)

Seriously, it's a good value for serious museum-goers, saving money and valuable ticket-buying time.

Posted by
30 posts

Hi Lynne,

My wife and I got to Paris very early so we ended up buying at the TI at Gare du Nord. They open earlier, there was nobody in line. When we go to Versaille we still had to wait in the very long security line. It worked great at the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay. You write the date on the pass and can use it for that day and the next day. Honestly, nobody bothered to look at the dates. You could probably use a pencil and use it for as long as you wanted. Nobody really cared.

Posted by
7175 posts

What's your plan of attack?
How many days in Paris?
Location of hotel?
Other plans for Paris?

Posted by
437 posts

I bought my last one at the Musee Rodin, which I love to visit. Line was reasonable. Years ago they sold them at the Crypte Archeologique underground in front of Notre Dame and there was never any line at all. I don't see that still listed as a point of sale though, so I didn't try.

Posted by
32 posts

Is the price the same if you buy it at the airport, museum or FNAC store?

Posted by
10344 posts

In Paris this spring, our experience was that most times they did check the date on our pass.

Posted by
1540 posts

Yes, the price is the same. There are different passes (2 day, 4 day, and 6 day - how many days do you need?)
You can check the prices online

info on passes

Posted by
1369 posts

If you happen to be near the Louvre, a good place to purchase your Museum Pass is from the Musee Des Arts Decoratifs (Decorative Arts Museum). Very short lines here and a nice place to start off your site seeing. Located across the street/traffic circle in front of the Pyramid entrance of the Louvre, just past the small archway, Arc de triomphe du carrousel, to its right. Google map link below:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Paris,+France/@48.8630268,2.3327685,16.95z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x47e66e1f06e2b70f:0x40b82c3688c9460

Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
15582 posts

You can also buy it at the TI kiosks. There's one in the plaza in front of Notre Dame.

Posted by
118 posts

If you're staying in the St Germain area you can purchase quickly at the Delacroix museum.

Posted by
118 posts

If you're staying in the St Germain area you can purchase quickly at the Delacroix museum.

Posted by
118 posts

Posted by
118 posts