Please sign in to post.

Paris museum pass and kids

We will be in Paris this Spring/Easter for 3 nights with my dad and our daughters 10 & 7. I know kids are free at a lot of the places we are planning. My question is if the adults get the Paris museum passes, can the kids just walk in and “skip the line” with us or do they have to queue separately? In my earlier research on the internet I thought I read a review that said that. Help please!

Louvre
Orsay
O’rangerie
Arc de Triomph
Notre Dame

Posted by
8049 posts

It is of course not entirely true most places that 'no one skips the security line.' if that refers to the very long lines you see at the Louvre or d'Orsay etc. There are separate security lines almost everywhere for people who hold the pass. This is true at the Musee d'Orsay (where often there is no line at all for pass holders who just walk in their designated door, in high season the line might be 15 minutes compared to the non-ticket holder line of a couple of hours). At the Louvre pass holders can use a separate line at the Pyramid; it may be quicker to just go through security at the Carrousel entrance. There is a passholder/ticket holder line at the Orangerie, the Pompidou. There is no security line advantage at Versailles, the Notre Dame Tower or Sainte Chapelle. The kids will probably want to climb the Notre Dame Tower so you get reserved time slots early the morning you wish to visit either by Ap or at a machine at the site. You then return for your time reservation.

for the Eiffel Tower, reservation holders use a different elevator and you will go up very close to your time. The trip from level 2 to the top requires new lines for that elevator and that does not have priority; everyone queues in the same line.

Posted by
5381 posts

But at the Louvre and D'Orsay, if you have the museum pass, you get to go through a much, much shorter security line.

We were in Paris with our two kids in the fall and my husband and I had passes. All four of us always entered together.

Posted by
16893 posts

Kids need to collect a free ticket at the ticket desk at the Arc de Triomphe and the Musee de l'Armee but not at any of the other top musuems.

Posted by
5381 posts

When we were at the Arc de Triomphe in the fall our kids did not need to get a ticket from the desk. We all went together straight to the steps up.