Please sign in to post.

Paris museum pass

Looking for recommendations regarding the Paris museum pass. We’re is the best place to purchase it.
Online and have it delivered to my home in US, which adds a lot of cost. Purchase it online and pick it up in Paris location which may or may not be hard to find, not sure of what kind of line there might be. Or purchase it in Paris at a currently an unknown location to us. Thanks

Posted by
2123 posts

Hi Jim, the easiest way is to buy your Paris Museum Pass at one of the smaller (less crowded) museums, i.e. Rodin, Cluny, or Pantheon. Pick one that you'll be visiting anyway and buy it there.

I've always found the Pass to be a great value in terms of skipping lines (not Security lines of course), dropping in to museums you might not otherwise want to shell out $10 or $12 euros to visit, or to use the rest rooms or coffee shop. Have fun!

Posted by
8035 posts

Pick it up at the tourist kiosk at the Louvre or at Gare du Nord or at a small museum like the Concergerie or Rodin i.e. someplace without the long security lines. Don't bother having it mailed to you.

Posted by
72 posts

The tourist info place at the Gare Du Nord is near platform 21. If you’re walking from the Eurostar to the Metro or RER, the ParisInfo tourist place is on the way.

Posted by
101 posts

I usually get ours at the TI booth at the airport (near baggage claim). Some hotels sell them at their front desks as a service to their guests. I wouldn't buy it online and have it delivered to my home. That's just something else to keep up with on a long trip.

Bruce

Posted by
4827 posts

We just buy it at the closest small museum to our hotel. Last year the Pantheon was just across the street. Couldn't have been easier or quicker. But if you're arriving at CDG or Gare du Nord, you can buy them there.

Posted by
4684 posts

Another alternative, depending on what is most convenient to you, is to buy the pass at a FNAC store. These are media/book/tech stores dotted all over Paris which also have box office desks, where you can buy a Paris Museum Pass with no mark-up.

Posted by
13906 posts

Last Fall I wound up getting mine at the Tabac (tobacco shop) down the street from my hotel. At the same time I was able to get my Navigo Decouverte Metro card purchased for the week.

My usual hotel also sells the Museum Pass but the receptionist told me they only carry the 2 day ones.

Previous visits I have picked it up on my arrival day as I am out walking around and getting some sun in my face. I had been going to Les Invalides ticket counter as there is never a line.

If you'll tell us where you are staying we may be able to make specific suggestions for you as well.

I definitely would not order it ahead of time. They are just too easy to get once you get to Paris.

Posted by
2181 posts

We got ours at the airport. The TI was right outside the American Airlines baggage claim area. I looked at the CDG map for TI locations. It was easier for us as our hotel wasn't close to a listed ticket agent and it wasn't clear if our first planned museum visit (the Picasso Museum ) would have them in stock.