Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

I think the Paris Museum Pass is one of the best buys anywhere. It pays for itself quickly and saves a great deal of time. I would suggest you purchase your pass at a small, lesser known museum where you won't have to wait in line. My husband and I purchased our pass at Musee l'Orangerie. It was not crowded in the least, so there was no wasting time in line. Many of the museums have a separate line for pass/advanced ticket holders. Even at the Lourve, we did not have to wait in a long line. We still had to go through security, but it was very quick. Two other places we went that were not crowded at all were Musee d'Cluny and Conciergerie.

Posted by
6527 posts

I agree, it's very helpful saving time and money if you plan carefully and have the energy to get the most value from it. That means at least one major museum a day, preferably two for cheapskates like me, for as many consecutive days as the pass you bought.

Another advantage is enabling you to pop into a covered museum or site on the spur of the moment, or to look at just one or two things, without being constrained by the admission price. A related advantage, unadvertised, is free access to well-maintained bathrooms all over the city. This advantage will become more valuable as Paris phases out its remaining free "chalets de necessite," as discussed in this nearby thread.

Posted by
703 posts

Yes it is a great deal. You can also buy them at tabacs (tobacco shops) all over the city. We did that the first year in Paris. Last year we bought at the first museum we went to (Picasso Musee). Fantastic buy but yes you do want to maximize the benefits & go to lots of different museums (win/win in my opinion).

Posted by
703 posts

Yes it is a great deal. You can also buy them at tabacs (tobacco shops) all over the city. We did that the first year in Paris. Last year we bought at the first museum we went to (Picasso Musee). Fantastic buy but yes you do want to maximize the benefits & go to lots of different museums (win/win in my opinion).