Please sign in to post.

Paris Museum Pass

I have been to Paris before and loved the museum pass which helps reduce time spent in line. I see the passes are for 2, 4, or 6 days. This trip, I will be in Paris a month. Does anyone know of a museum pass where I could spread museum trips out over the whole month? I guess I could buy the pass in 2 day increments and organize the museum trips accordingly.

Thanks!

Posted by
2261 posts

Mike, the other passes seem to be loaded with stuff you don't want at a price that is inflated. If it were me, I'd do just that-buy for a few days at a time and plan accordingly. It really gives you flexibility, too. Have a great trip.

Posted by
6522 posts

The six-day pass is the best value, provided you have the stamina to keep on with the museums day after day. That may be harder to do when you know you have a whole month, and wonder what you'll do the rest of the time.

Maybe try this: Don't activate the pass till you've been there a few days, then spend some busy days museum-ing, then do other stuff, then get another pass toward the end of your month. Pace yourself that way.

Or, with a whole month, just go to the museums when you want and forget the pass. You have time to stand in those ticket lines!

Posted by
1994 posts

I would suggest checking whether membership at one of the major museums, for example the Louvre, would allow you free entry and line-free entry into any other museums. The Louvre membership for nonresidents was quite reasonable last time I was in Paris. If they have reciprocal agreements with other museums that might be an effective alternative to the museum pass.

Posted by
8063 posts

For a month the passes are just not worth it. The lines are not a problem if you know how to avoid them. For d'Orsay or Orangerie or Versailles, buy tickets ahead at FNAC; for the Louvre use other entrances than the pyramid. Smaller museums don't have big lines for the most part.

If you are a teacher at any level, you can buy a Louvre professional membership for 35 Euros which will let you take a guest in for free on Weds or Fri nights.

The two day pass is expensive and with a month you really don't want to have to cram museum visits into a short period.

Posted by
15586 posts

You may be putting too much pressure on yourself by trying to cram in too much at a time to save a few bucks. If you do decide to buy the pass, the 6-day pass is probably your best option, since the price per day decreases as the number of days increases.

Posted by
8063 posts

also regarding 'other passes' -- there are no 'other passes' that provide entry to museums. there are marketing schemes that package the ordinary museum pass with other coupons and such and charge extra -- but the museum part of these phony 'passes' is just the Paris Museum Pass.

Posted by
16893 posts

Looks like you're covered with this advice. Of course, we're all jealous.