Please sign in to post.

Paris / London in November 2024

Hello all,

My wife and I are planning a trip to Paris from Nov 16 to Nov 24, flying from Denver. The flights into Paris are more expensive and with long layovers so we booked a direct flight to London landing the morning of Saturday the 16th. Our plan will be to spend Saturday night and half a day Sunday in London, before taking the train to Paris for the remainder of the trip, and we'll fly home from Paris on Sunday the 24th.

Question, is train the best way to get from London to Paris, and if so, any specific train? Is it best to book in advance?

Thanks!!!

Posted by
751 posts

You would be taking the Eurostar train, which is not inexpensive. Book now; as it will only go up. We took that same route a few years ago with our family. You'll have a marvelous trip! Enjoy!

Posted by
2422 posts

Yes to the Eurostar..we took that last fall.and really enjoyed the train. In a trip previous to that we flew from London to Paris and the train just seemed so much nicer and more relaxing and quicker but either would work.

Posted by
251 posts

Stop reading these posts and immediately book the eurostar! Longer you wait the more expensive it is.

Posted by
934 posts

If your budget allows, I'd investigate Business Premier class. Expensive, but it makes traveling the Eurostar much less stressful. Relax in the lounge before you travel and get personal assistance getting through immigration and onto the train.

Posted by
5425 posts

As it is always a busy time, Sunday afternoon trains have the lowest quota of the cheapest tickets - indeed the lowest tier often isn't available at all.